Saturday, May 18, 2013

Now That The Smoke Has Cleared

It has been a crazy month.  April saw nearly all of my e-books go on sale at insanely low prices, which enticed a large number of new readers to try my stories about a fire-wielding vampire and a magical tattoo artist.

To all the new readers of Jocelynn-brand insanity, Welcome to the Party.  Just throw your coats on the bed, there are drinks in the kitchen, and the band will be here soon.

But in all seriousness, thanks for trying my books. Writing is my passion.  It's my raison d'etre, but telling stories is always more enjoyable when you have someone to tell your story to.  I love the fact that readers watched Mira and Danaus fall in love.  I love that you've been there for the craziness in Gage's life.

I also want to thank everyone who helped to promote my books.  Every tweet, Facebook post, Tumblr, Pinterest, and blog post helps to get the word out.  Every time you lean over and say, "hey, have you tried..." bring joy to the heart of an author.  We spend countless hours writing books and then spend countless more hours trying to spread the word.  But one reader recommendation is worth its weight in gold.  Readers have more power to make a book successful by simply telling others about it.  In April and May, readers and authors have stepped up to support the Asylum Tales and the Dark Days series.

Thank you for all your wonderful support!  Mira, Gage, Danaus, Trixie, Bronx, and Knox are grateful.  Thank you for giving me the chance to do the thing that I love most in the world.  I am happiest when I'm writing and you help me do just that.

To keep the ball rolling, I am hard at work on new projects and I'm hoping to announce some new things later this year.

No comments: