Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Developments Abound

Tuesday was a busy but great day.  I've discovered during the past few years since getting my first publishing contract that this industry is largely a "hurry up and wait" sector.  You rush to get things all in order and ready to go and then you wait for responses and decisions, which is fine but takes a little adjustment.  At the same time, when things do happen, they happen all at once, leaving you scrambling to catch up.  I'm not always the most patient person, which makes the "wait" part of "hurry up and wait" hard for me.  However, I do love a flurry of activity.  I like busy and hectic and lots of pressure surrounding quick decisions rather than just medium steady activity.

A number of things rolled through my email during the past 48 hours and there's a few things that I can't talk about just yet, but it's coming.

So... here's what I can talk about.

The Dark Days Series

Bound to Me

The final novella for the Dark Days series is due to be released to e-readers in approximately 20 days!  In less than three weeks, you will have a chance to get a very intimate look at Mira's relationship with Valerio.  You'll get one last stroll through the Main Hall in Venice before the Coven.  You'll get to revisit some characters who didn't exactly survive to the end.  I think you're going to like this story.

I try not to read reviews because they tend to make authors a little crazy.  But I couldn't resist.  I found the first review of BOUND TO ME  and I was pleased to see that it was quite good without giving anything away about the story.  The review also reminded me of a little tidbit that I discovered when I was working on the edits and then forgot about.

When you read the novella, not only do you get one last jaunt with Mira and Valerio, but the e-book will also contain an excerpt from my new book, Angel's Ink.  Angel's Ink is the first book in my new series, Asylum Tales, introducing readers to an entirely new world and new group of characters.  I believe the excerpt will be the first two chapters of the book.

So, for $0.99, you get a Mira/Valerio story that is approximately 80 pages long AND you get approximately two chapters of my next book, Angel's Ink, which isn't due out until October 16.  Have you pre-ordered yet?  No?  Here are some links to help.  You don't want to miss this story, due out on April 10.
Amazon
Barnes and Noble
iBookstore

Hurry!  Go pre-order now!

In other randomness regarding the Dark Days series, I stumbled over to Audible (a group that specializes in audiobooks) and discovered that a couple previously unreleased Dark Days novels had been released as audiobooks.  I have to admit that I'm not a fan of audiobooks, but I listened to an excerpt from Pray for Dawn and FELL IN LOVE.  They told me that they were doing the books and that Hillary Huber was doing the narrating for the missing books.  It didn't dawn on me until I pulled up Audible that Pray for Dawn would need a male narrator because the book was told from Danaus's point of view.  Todd McLaren does a stunning reading for Danaus.  Here's a link to Audible if you're interested in taking a listen.  Right now, the only books not in audiobook format are Dayhunter and Burn the Night, but I believe they are still coming.


The Asylum Tales

Where to start?  The new series centered on a tattoo artist and his friends is going to be kicked off later this year with the release of TWO novellas.  The novellas are prequels to the first book, introducing readers to the main characters in the series.  My editor has read the stories, likes them, and has provided feedback.  I launch into edits this week, tweaking a few minor things and the ending of one story.  I'm hoping that the whole process will only take a few days.

I do not know things like titles or even release dates yet, but that information should be coming soon.  As in, as soon as I get my edits handed in we will be able to nail down titles and release dates.  These novellas will be released as e-books only and will probably cost only a dollar or two like my other novellas.  I will provide more information when it comes to me, but rest assured, the wheels are in motion.

Angel's Ink

It feels like things are picking up speed on this book.  What do we have done?  The book has been written, revised, and copy edited.  I will be receiving the First Pass edits today, which are due back to my editor in a couple weeks.  I think this is my last chance to my changes to the book and then it's all locked in.  I've seen the cover (and it is AWESOME) and we've gotten some great quotes from other authors.  The book is still slated for release on October 16 and will be available in trade paperback and e-book.

The newest bit of news I received is that my publisher is planning up an interesting bit of promotion.  I don't think I can make any announcement yet, but I got a sneak peek yesterday and it is so cool!!  I can't wait to show you.

In the meantime, my next couple months will be:
Finish First Pass edits on Angel's Ink
Finish revisions on Novella #1
Finish revisions on Novella #2
Finish writing Book #2 of Asylum Tales
Think of a way to celebrate the release of BOUND TO ME

1 comment:

Vinny K said...

Hello Jocelynn! Just wanted to say that I'm a total fanboy and thank you for writing such amazing books =3 Also, I'm so excited about Angel's Ink, especially since it releases the day before my birthday :D

May fortune smile upon you,
~Vinny~