Friday, March 30, 2012

Counting Down the Days

The sun is shining and the air is warm.  Down at the park by my house, I can see kids playing basketball while lawnmowers growl in the distance.  It's a good spring day in the Drake household.  The backyard has finally dried out from all the rain and the O.H. is mowing down the waving fields of clover.  (I'm serious, it was so long you could actually see the mounds of clover waving in the breeze.)  The puppy is lounging in the sun in front of the open patio door and Demona is lounging across the table next to my laptop.  And me?  I'm locked inside editing this book!

I'm making progress.  I still love the book and the characters, which is always a good sign.  I'm itching to get back to writing the second book, which should be Sunday at the latest.  For now, I am admiring the sun from a distance (as in, from my window versus sitting outside) and editing.  If I can get past the halfway point today, I am treating myself to a new book!  I'm also planning to pick up a new book tomorrow when I stop my Kerrelyn Sparks's book signing. (Fangirl squeal!)

I was going to have some news today, but I'm kind of in a holding pattern.  That's to say, I have news (just a little update actually), but I'm waiting until I'm sure I have all the details correct before I open my mouth.  So... soon.  The countdown continues until the release of BOUND TO ME.  Just 10 more days until you get one last bit of Mira.  But this time, you get a look into her hot love affair with Valerio. (Hmmm... I wonder if Danaus would be jealous if he read this book...)

Of course, now I wonder... did Danaus have any hot love affairs before he met Mira?

No comments: