Monday, April 2, 2012

Paper or Plastic... I mean Digital?

I am down to the last few pages of edits and I'm still loving the book.  At this stage, I usually read the manuscript so many times that I can no longer see the story amidst all the words.  It's all about weighing whether this word works here and does my main character seem like too much of an asshole in this scene.  At this point, I've usually forgotten what I liked about the story in the first place.  Not this time.  Angel's Ink is all new and the story seems fresh every time I read it.  I find myself looking forward to certain chapters just so I can see a favorite character again.  I can't wait for you to read this one!

In the meantime, we have a new story to tide us over until the next book has hit the shelves.  Yes, Bound to Me is hitting e-readers next Tuesday!  It's just over seven days away.  I know because I have finally created a countdown clock.  I feel like I should be throwing a huge party because this is the last Mira story I'm ever going to write.  But then I thought Burn the Night was going to be the last Mira story I was ever going to write and the nightwalker proved me wrong!  I guess that's what you get when you work with the undead.  They just won't rest.

I made a surprising discovery with Bound to Me not long ago and I'm still waiting on some details, but I am going to at least make you aware of it.  When the release of the novella was first discussed, we were only going to be releasing it as a e-book and I was quite content with that.  There are a lot of people who use e-readers and you can also download the story to read it on your computer if you don't have an e-reader. 

However, there are some who still prefer books (and I can totally understand that since I love the paper copies as well).  Well, we've got a way to make the paperback readers happy as well.  Bound to Me will be released as a paperback as well!  Yes, because of it's length, my publisher is doing a print-on-demand version of the story.  I am not yet sure if it will actually appear in stores, but you can order it online.  Amazon has it available for pre-order.  It looks like Barnes and Noble will have it as well, but you can't currently pre-order it.  You can only pre-order the e-book at Barnes and Noble.

E-book Details:
Released on April 10
On sale for $0.99
Approximately 100 pages long (this, of course, depends on the size of your font)
On sale at:
Amazon Kindle
Barnes and Noble Nook
iBookstore iPad/Pod/iPhone

Paperback Details:
Released on May 1
On sale for $2.99
Approximately 128 pages
On sale at:
Amazon
(Barnes and Noble coming soon)

Yes, I know that date is slightly later for the paperback version.  I am sorry about that, but it's only a small wait and then you have a new Mira story.

Yes, I also know that the paperback version is $2 more expensive, but the paperback version also costs more to produce that the e-book version.

But for less than the price of a gallon of gas, you can get not only the untold story of Mira's love affair with one of the world's sexiest vampire, Valerio, but you also get the first two chapters of my new series.  Do you really want to miss out on that coolness?  Complete your collection of Mira stories.  Find out how she acquired Valerio's ring.

And when it's all over, pop by Asylum and meet Gage.  He can give you some nice ink at a fair price.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just a FYI...if you sell your books at Smashwords they allow you to download in a pdf format so you can print them if you want to. I would much rather buy my books from there,but a lot of authors only sell on Amazon & B & N, I do buy E-books but I hate reading off my computer.I want paper. Thank You for your awesome books.