Saturday, January 9, 2010

Synopsis and Vampires

After a long absence, I made a weekend trip to Panera Bread for a light lunch, playing on the Internet, people watching, and just general relaxing outside of the house. Last night, a friend and I went to see Daybreakers. I thought it was a great vampire film -- one of the best vamp films I've seen a while. This movie harkened back to the day when vampires were dark, bloodsucking monsters. Well, it's more than that. It also takes a fabulous look at the dark side of humanity. I highly recommend the movie. Go forth and get your fang-fill.

Today, I will finally be finishing up the synopsis that I've been working on for Book 6. I'll admit that most of the week was spent tweaking a plot that I thought was done. However, I discovered a hole in my timeline that needed to be filled and I had a pair of characters that demanded to make an appearance in the book when I wasn't planning for them to appear again until later. I'm still trying to figure out all the ramifications of their appearance. They could cause some major problems.

I will have to admit that I'm slightly out of practice when it comes to writing a synopsis. The last one I wrote was for Nightwalker, and I wrote that synopsis only after the book was finished. I have a nice arrangement with my editor that I don't have to turn in a synopsis ahead of writing a book. However, I've run into some plotting problems recently, so I'm am trying out this technique to see if it mends this problem. My fingers are crossed.

As for the rest of the day, I am going to try to sneak out for a little sled riding before the Cincinnati Bengals game this afternoon. If they put in another poor performance this weekend, it may be a little while before blog again. I will need some time to get control of my temper. Grrr... Go Bengals!

No comments: