Thursday, January 7, 2010

Plotting and Scheming

All is quiet on this front. I stopped by the grocery yesterday to find that half of the city had decided to join me in its rush to buy bread, milk, and toliet paper ahead of today's massive blizzard that is supposed to hit the city. Keep in mind that a Cincinnati-sized blizzard is somewhere between five and eight inches of snow. Most regions to the north would scoff at such an amount, but here, we're not equipped to handle such amounts of snow -- physically or mentally. If it hits hard and fast enough, it could actually shut the city down. To make it worse, the snow is supposed to hit just before evening rush hour. It makes me glad that I work from home now.

I'm looking forward to the snow. We've been getting a steady flurry of snow for close to a week, but it's barely managed to cover the grass and the streets are completely clear. I want snow! I want a thick covering of snow so that the world outside my window is covered in a glistening layers of white. It'll be too cold to make a snowman, but I still just want the beauty of the wonderful white world of snow.

Of course, after a couple days, I'll be sick of it and ready for it to melt....

In the meantime, I'm chipping away at the synopsis for book 6. Some of the scenes aren't lining up how I thought they would and I'm struggling to remember my original thought process. The knot I'm stuck on will finally untangle itself, but I have to keep picking at it. My fingers are crossed that I'll get it done today so I can finally start writing the book.

2 comments:

Traci (aka the Bookbabe) said...

We're supposed to see some of the white stuff this evening, a "light dusting" according to our weather guys. Which means we could get nothing or 2+ inches. LOL! Must be nice to have a job where you can be wrong so often...

Super-cold here, for NC anyway. Several schools closed due to the weather - most have heating issues. Lots of snow in the mtns, not so much here around Charlotte. I'm ready for some "normal" temps, in the 50s!!

Rachel G said...

If you want to enjoy the snow, you can come visit me. I live in upstate New York near Saratoga Springs.