Friday, July 10, 2009

Getting Ready for the Weekend

It's Friday evening and I'm looking ahead to a weekend filled with edits. I've got to get Book 4 done this weekend so I can ship it back to my editor on Monday (Tuesday at the latest). I'm past the halfway mark, which means that things start to pick up in pace. While I think this half needs the heaviest additions -- chunks added to every chapter -- I think the process will go relatively fast. At least, that's what I keep telling myself.

Earlier in the week, I found a way of procrastinating by completely updating my HarperCollins microsite with new information. Feel free to stop by and read my latest ramblings. I'm still behind on my emails. If I owe you an email, I'm sorry. It'll be the first thing I tackle when the edits are done.

However, it won't be all work for me this weekend. My Web site designer (AKA my brother) has promised to update my Web site this weekend. I will try to get the deleted scene added as well as update the Dawnbreaker page. I might also try to find the time to sneak in something else. Still thinking on that one.

My brother and I are also planning to go see Transformers 2 on Saturday. I know, I know. The reviews have been bad, but it still looks so damn cool. Come on, explosions, fighting, chase scene. It's just looks awesome. Besides, it's gonna be free. I won a pair of movie passes a couple months ago and I'm going to use them for this movie.

And then on Sunday, I've got a friend who is passing through town on her way to her vacation destination. I'm hoping that we will be able to sneak in dinner while she's in town. Fingers are crossed. It's been about a month since I last saw her and it may be another year before I see her again after that.

If you don't hear from me again, I got buried in work. Send in a cute guy with chocolate. I'm sure I'll find a way to dig myself out again. Have a great one!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really want to see Transformers 2, I loved the first one. Waiting patiently for your thoughts.

Dottie :)