Monday, March 16, 2009

Randomness

I am happy to report that I had a very productive weekend. I managed to write roughly 8,000 words over two days. Whoo-hoo! I was kind of hoping for closer to 10,000 words, but I'm not going to complain. I ended up being forced to split a chapter into two separate chapters because a particular scene was starting to run a little long. I also just realized that I've got only one more new character to introduce. We're entering the final stages of the novel. The break-neck race into the finish is going to start soon and I can't wait.

In other randomness that I've stumbled across, the amazing Neil Gaiman will be on the Colbert Report tonight. Be sure to catch it. I've set my DVR. It comes on past my bedtime.

Also, I wanted to pass along an article that Neil Gaiman mentioned on Twitter over the weekend about children's books being banned. The whole thing just disgusts me. Check it out so you can be disgusted, too.

Finally, be sure to stop by Fangs Fur and Fey to read comments from Smart Bitch Sarah (From Smart Bitches, Trashy Books) about why she loves Urban Fantasy. She's awesome.

All right, now I'm headed back to work.

No comments: