Sunday, March 15, 2009

Vampires in Venice

I'm making some nice progress on Book 4 this weekend. It looks like I will easily cross the 80K word mark and may even come close to tagging the 90K mark. As long as the book doesn't run too long, I should be able to easily finish it before my trip to Florida and still have some time left to make some solid edits. I'm really enjoying the dynamic between Mira and Danaus in this one. The pacing of Book 4 slows down a bit from the hectic energy that filled the first three and we get to see Mira and Danaus interact more of an emotional level.

In other news, I had to take a break from writing this weekend to complete my taxes. Ugh. Have I ever told you that I hate taxes? I do. I really do. I don't understand them, which is why I have a professional taking care of all my nasty tax business, and I get very frustrated by things I can't begin to understand. I feel the same kind of frustration toward nuclear physics. :)

In other randomness, a friend sent me a link to a very cool article that appeared on Friday. It's about vampires in Venice, Italy. Now the great irony to this story is that Dayhunter largely takes place in Venice. It's either a great coincidence, a major marketing ploy, or I am truly tapped into the great cosmic forces at work in the universe. I'll let you decide. To read the article, please click here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I so can't wait to see the tension levels escalate between Mira and Danaus!