Saturday, February 7, 2009

New York Comic Con -- DAY 2

I'm running low on energy again, but I think I've got enough left in me to try to get a little work done tonight. Actually, I'm going to try to get some prep work done for tomorrow's panel.

Today was completely overwhelming. Now, keep in mind that I've never been to a Comic Con before so I was unprepared for the overwhelming size and the sheer number of people that were at this thing. I managed to snap a couple pictures of some of the costumes that I saw. I will try to grab a few more tomorrow, but I probably won't be posting them until Monday. I fly out of New York directly after my signing tomorrow, which runs until 5 p.m., I believe. I still have to check my schedule again and make some notes.



I'm sorry to report that I missed out on meeting Bruce Timm, one of the character designers for Batman, and Seth Green, who is in town promoting Robot Chicken. I'm a little bummed, but I can't complain since I got the chance to meet some very wonderful people in the publishing world.

But overall, Comic Con has been a blast and I'm now considering checking out the one in San Diego, which I hear is a complete madhouse.

As for dinner (I know you were waiting to hear about more food), my lovely agent took me out to Blue Ribbon on Sullivan Street in SoHo. Very cool part of town and dinner was awesome. I got to have oysters for the first time, and they were very nice. The food was delicious and the atmosphere was very cozy. I definitely recommend the place. It is always great to have the chance to talk with my agent about new book ideas, how she thinks my career is going, looking forward to upcoming releases, and all the usual good stuff.

No comments: