Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Savannah Thoughts

I've got Tori Amos playing on my computer and I'm slouched in my chair, trying to stay awake. I've not been getting enough sleep lately -- too much on my mind, but that will come to a close soon enough. But I am a big supporter of sleep. I love sleep. I love the feeling of drifting off just in the middle of a good daydream. I like waking up slowly, the feel of the warm sheets on my bare feet and my cats snuggled up close to me. But best of all is the blissful nothingness that encompasses my brain for a few hours each night, leaving me recharged and refreshed, cleansed of the previous day's worries.

Tonight, I'm hoping to finish the chapter that I've been working on. It's got a brief, minor fight scene in it. But the main purpose of the scene is to reveal that Mira has a bigger problem that Danaus must help her with, even when she most definitely doesn't want his help. I also need to go back and take a good, hard look at the plot outline. I know where I'm going, but I'm just having a little trouble remembering the order of things and exactly how I'm going to get there.

Since going to Savannah this past fall, I have to admit that I've had a character wandering around in my brain that I'm dying to add to the series. He is a tour guide for one of the haunted trolley tours through the city. He's a friend of Mira's and has a somewhat twisted, macabre sense of humor. Unfortunately, I've not found a spot to use him in the series yet. I have a feeling that I'm going to need to write another novella just so I can fit him into the series.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How is "Mira" pronounced? Also, how about Danaus? Thanks!