Friday, January 2, 2009

Resolutions for 2009

A New Year means a time for fresh starts, new goals, and dusting off dreams that may have been temporarily put on hold. I look ahead to my writing schedule for 2009 and I have to sigh a little. It's going to be a very busy, time-pressured year, but I did it to myself. I was given the opportunity to give myself a lighter schedule, but from a career standpoint, the busy year could yield stronger results. So, 2009 is the year to roll up my sleeves and buckle down.

As the new year kicks off, I've tried to come up with a few goals for myself. Some may be near impossible to reach, but I've got to try. I managed to get published and that was once in the impossible column. Who's to say what I can accomplish in 2009?

My goals:

1. To be a better blogger. I will aim to average at least 3.5 posting per week and give better updates on the progress of my writing as well as better insights into my own writing pitfalls.

2. To hit all of my deadlines in 2009 to my editor.

3. To appear on the New York Times and USA Today Bestseller lists with the release of Dayhunter.

4. To get back into shape by spending time on the dreaded treadmill.

5. To update my website

6. To read at least 10 books in 2009. I stopped reading in 2008 due to my writing schedule, but I'm determined to start reading again.

7. To develop something that resembles a social life, which includes regular emails to my long-distance friends.

8. To be more accessible to my readers.

9. To blog more on Fangs Fur & Fey

10. To remember to have fun amidst all the work and writing


What goals have you set for yourself for 2009?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Jocelynn, that seems like a packed year. I'm a huge fan and looking forward to Mira's next adventures (Nightwalker kept me awake well past bedtime for a few nights!). Those are really audacious goals, and I wish you every success in making them. Make sure not to burn out, though. I know your fans would rather have you writing books for many, many years :) Thanks again for keeping us entertained.

Becky LeJeune said...

Good luck on the goals. My one big one would be to get off my lazy butt. Just get off it in general. I think that should cover all my bases.

Can't wait until Dayhunter. My little sisters are already asking when it will be out as well. Guess I'll be buying two again : )

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Jocelynn, hope you have a safe and happy New Year, quite a lot of ambitious resolutions! Good Luck! Here are the ones I posted on my blog:
1. Loss weight somehow, please someone tell me how!!
2. Cook more often at home.
3. Take a writing class, I have hopes of writing a book that keeps rolling around in my head.
4. Clean my house, for real!!
5. Read all the new urban fantasy books my favorite authors are releasing in 2009.