Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A Look Back at 2008

Last night, I managed to finish the chapter I was writing fresh for Book 3 and I've since moved on to editing the remaining chapters in the novel. I'll admit that I had my reservations about this book when I started it. There were a number of interruptions and a calamity or two along the way. The book never felt like a cohesive entity. It always felt broken and disjointed to me. I now realize that the problem was that I was unable to work on it uninterrupted for an extended period of time. The book itself was a cohesive, complete piece -- it was my mind that was somewhat broken.

And what makes me feel good is that I've been able to take a pretty good book and make it into a great book through the revisions. I really like this one. She's finding her home with Nightwalker and Dayhunter nicely, and it makes me look forward to her brother, which I will be starting in a couple of weeks.

But now is the time to take a look back at 2008 and all the great things I've managed to accomplish in my first year as a published author

1. Finished writing Dayhunter (book 2)
2. Finished writing The Dead, The Damned, and the Forgotten (novella for the Unbound anthology)
3. Basked in the release of Nightwalker (book 1)
4. Made my first appearance on the NYT and USAToday Bestseller lists
5. Attended the RWA Conference in San Francisco
6. Participated in my first radio program while at RWA
7. Completed second radio show on The Beyond for Halloween
8. Finished writing Dawnbreaker (book 3)
9. Signed 3-book contract with Eos -- the Dark Days Series will continue!!


What will 2009 bring?

1. Edits for book 3
2. Writing book 4
3. New York Comic-con in February
4. Writing book 5
5. Romantic Times conference in April
6. The release of book 2, 3, and Unbound

It's going to be another busy year. I can't wait!!

3 comments:

Candace said...

Have I been missed something or is this the first time we've heard the title of Book 3? :D

Hope you have a happy and safe new year!

Jocelynn Drake said...

Nope, I thought I would let it quietly slip out and see if anyone noticed. I'm evil.

Have a happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Jocelynn,
Can't wait to read Dayhunter, and now there Dawnbreaker too! Two books in one year, you go girl! I already put both books on my blog for up and coming reads! Have a great New Year :-)

Dottie