Thursday, January 15, 2009

I Hate Winter

Bitter cold temperatures have settled into the region, not only reminding me that I hate winter, but they have also forced me to wonder why in the world I haven't moved further south yet. The snow is pretty to look at when I'm snuggled warm inside my house, but it's a pain to drive in. And there's nothing appealing about the barren trees, the yellow lawns, or the frigid temperatures. In short, I'm ready for it to be spring, and not just because that's when Dayhunter will be release (though it is an added enticement). I'm ready to see green again and for temperatures to remain above freezing at night. I'm ready to pack away my scarf and gloves.

But enough complaining from me.

I am happy, though, to report that I have received my itinerary for my February appearance at the New York Comic-con. On Sunday, February 8, I will on a panel entitled "Kick Ass Female Authors & Their Killer Heroines" from 1:45 p.m. to 2:45 p.m. The panel is composed of Kim Harrison, Vicki Pettersson, Jeaniene Frost, and myself. Then from 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m., I will be signing books. I imagine that I will be wandering around the convention on Saturday just taking in the sights. This is my first Comic-con and I'm looking forward to seeing all the costumes. There are also a couple people who are going to be there that I will probably give a fan-girl squeal over. I can be such a nerd.

Anyway, the point of me bringing this up is that if you are in the area, please stop by and say "hi". I hate wandering around conferences all alone.

No comments: