Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving Break

I’m looking forward to the break as a chance to catch up on some cleaning of my house and an opportunity to spend some time with my mother’s side of the family. My parents are having Thanksgiving at their house, and both my parents are very good cooks. I may just spend most of Thursday evening in a turkey-induced coma – which really isn’t such a bad thing.

I, unfortunately, have to work on Friday, but it’s not a full day so it should go fast. From work, I head straight home with no detours. I do not go shopping with all the other lunatics on Black Friday. It may be the official start of the holiday shopping season, but I can be just as content waiting a week or two before I start my shopping. I’m not a big fan of angry, loud crowds.

In the meantime, I’ve not heard back from my editor yet regarding Book 3, so it looks like I might sneak through the weekend without it landing back on my plate. That will give me time to finally clean my bathrooms, clean the kitty litter, and get some more work done on Book 4, which I think is coming along nicely.

What is now Book 4 was mostly written more than a couple years ago and it contains some of my favorite Mira and Danaus scenes. The tone of this one relaxes just a little bit more than what happens in Nightwalker, Dayhunter, and book 3. I was pleased with finally being able to get back to the playful, mischievous Mira. She a lot more fun to write than the constantly angry and scared Mira.

I am excited about Book 4 as it starts to take the series in a slightly different direction. I know, this is mean of me to be going on about a book that’s not scheduled to be released until the summer of 2010. Sorry.

So, I wish everyone who celebrates Thanksgiving, a Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Candace said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Stay warm and dry!