Saturday, November 8, 2008

Home Again

I'm sorry I didn't post it sooner, but my girls came back home again on Thursday and are doing just fine. They're back to jumping onto my bed and curling up beside me as I work on the latest book in the Dark Days series.

Speaking of which, today was a very productive day -- roughly 5,000 words. I haven't had a good day like that in a while. I am hoping that tomorrow is just as productive. I'm getting down to the last chapters of the book, so I think that speeds up my writing. I'm just as anxious as the reader to see how it all ends.

We're getting down to the wire. The book is due to my editor in a couple of weeks. I think that it will be done on time, but I am concerned that I won't have enough time to give it a thorough read-through before I hand it in to her. I've already warned her that it's going to be rough. I hate the fact that it won't be as polished as I would like it to be, but there just isn't going to be enough time. I have to hit my deadline if we are going to be able to get Book 3 released next fall. That will give me 2 books and 1 anthology novella released in a single year. That's not too shabby for a new author.

No comments: