Monday, October 6, 2008

Back to Work

I'm finally making some progress on Book 3 again and it's fantastic. It's so nice to be jumping back into Mira and Danaus's world. And the best part is that I'm not worrying about getting edits for any of my other projects. I can focus all of my attention on Book 3. This one is definitely more complicated than any of the other books that I've worked on. I have to finally tie up some loose ends that came up on Nightwalker and Dayhunter, as well as try to keep some of my favorite characters alive. That's actually gotten to be the hard part in a lot of ways. My characters grow strongers, the fight scenes becomes more intense, and it's becoming more difficult to keep the people I want alive. Curse Mira and her violent streak!

Just a quick reminder: I will be giving a reading on Wednesday, October 8 at 7:30 p.m. at Northern Kentucky University. It will be in the Landrum building in room 506. If most of the crowd has read Nightwalker, I will be reading stuff related to the series. If not, then I'll be digging deeper into my well of stories for something else, though most likely vampire related. I imagine there will also be time for a little Q&A.

3 comments:

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Thanks for the updates on your reading. I will try my hardest to be there!

-Lauren

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure this question has been answered before but how many books are there going to be in the Dark Days series?


Thanks!

Jocelynn Drake said...

I don't currently know how many books are going to be in the Dark Days series. Several. Can I just say several? Right now, I'm contracted for 3 plus a novella, but I'm hoping for many more.

Thanks!