Thursday, October 9, 2008

A Quick Recap

It’s been a relatively busy week and the sad part is that I haven’t been able to accomplish much writing in the process. Earlier in the week, I celebrated my birthday with my family. It was nothing too special. Just dinner with my family. But it was nice to sit around with them and talk about nothing important for a few hours. I needed the time to relax.

Yesterday, I had my first reading as a “published author.” It was at Northern Kentucky University, the college I graduated from way back in 1999. I think there were about 30 people there. At first it was a little intimidating because it was in one of those large lecture halls, but I found my groove quickly enough. I read “Tristan’s Last Day” and a piece that I wrote for Dayhunter, but got cut in the edits. If I ever get around to updating my website, I think I’m going to post it. The scene takes place 500 years ago when Jabari rescued Mira from the naturi. The really cool thing is that the bookstore ordered 10 books to sell at the reading and we managed to sell 9 of them. That’s a pretty good return! I signed the one left over and they are going to sell it in the bookstore.

In the meantime, I’ve got something new for readers to mark on their calendars. The anthology I am going to be in with Melissa Marr, Vicki Petterrson, Jeaniene Frost, and Kim Harrison is going to be titled Unbound and is due out in August 2009. I’ve seen a rough draft of the cover and it is awesome! I have truly been blessed by the cover gods.

Alright, that’s enough out of me for one night. It’s time to buckle down and get some writing done.

3 comments:

Jess (The Cozy Reader) said...

Sounds like you did awesome!

Shooting Stars Mag said...

You really did do awesome! It was good fun hearing you read, and I SWEAR I don't know what I was thinking when I went without money...I might be tracking down that signed copy. If not, I'll buy it ASAP!

I'm glad it went over well. Everyone seemed to enjoy it. :)

-Lauren

Candace said...

Happy Belated birthday!

I'm glad you had a great reading! If I wasn't, oh, halfway across the US I would've attended :)

-candace