Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I Forgot The Sunglasses

The devil is in the details. That's the old saying, right? The devil is in the details.

The details are also what make a good book. It's what makes characters come alive, and that's oh-so-necessary when dealing with exotic or supernatural creatures. It's all fun and magical and good until something gets forgotten. Damn.

In Nightwalker, I gave Mira and affinity for sunglasses. I thought the addition made her more human and they sometimes gave her something to do with her hands. They were also a necessity. When she becomes angry or somewhat emotional, her eyes will glow. A pair of sunglasses can help to mask it. So, throughout Nightwalker, you will see Mira putting on and taking off glasses of different colors.

Book 2 has been shipped to my editor and I just realized that I forgot to put the bloody freaking sunglasses in Book 2. Yeah, there's one edit. I'm sure I've got other issues and this one is a very quick fix, but it's such a silly thing to forget.

I will say that when maintaining a series, it's very difficult to remember all the random details.
What color sunglasses does Mira have with her while traveling?
Does she wear her ring on her left hand or right hand?
What color are Knox's eyes?

Sometime this summer, I will going through books 1, 2, and the short story and writing down on the miscellaneous details.

And for a bit of fun, I have a new quiz. Below are my results.








Whose your Vampire personality? (images)
created with QuizFarm.com
You scored as Akasha

You are the ultimate in ambition. You don't just want to own the world you want to make crawl to you on its hands and knees begging for mercy or at the least a taste!


Akasha


92%

Angel


75%

Armand


75%

Lestat


75%

Deacon Frost


67%

Blade


67%

Dracula


67%

Marius


67%

Spike


58%

Louis


17%


2 comments:

Lori T said...

Hi Jocelynn,

I am really looking forward to the release of Nightwalker!

I took the quiz and I am Dracula. I have never seen myself as Dracula...it was a fun quiz. I'll be honest I was hoping for Spike...I think that he is sexy!

Candace said...

Hm...my results are really interesting. Definitely not what I think I would be. More of a 'what I would like to be' type than a 'what I really am.'

You scored as a Blade
Thats right you are the booty kicking you cross me and I will stomp a mudhole in your butt type. Sexy and a great fighter with mad fighting skills

I don't think I'm sexy or a great fighter, and I DEFINITELY don't have mad fighting skills. I swing dance, for cryin' out loud. But ideally, yeah, I'd like to be Blade. I just don't think it's me, but it was a fun quiz.