Saturday, November 24, 2007

2008 Travel

The year is winding down and it's time to start planning out travel for 2008. I have finally completed making reservations for the Romantic Times Convention, which is being held in Pittsburg. It's not particularly high on my list of places to visit, but then again not much can compete with the 2006's conference on Daytona Beach. The RT Conference is a great place to meet avid readers, wonderful writers, and some pretty cool agents and editors. My lovely agent won't be attending RT this year, but I hope to catch up with her at the RWA conference in San Francisco. RT is a lot of fun and a great place to meet people, but I will say that my best networking has been done at the RWA conference. RT is great for meeting the readers, and RWA is great for meeting the editors and agents.

So, for 2008:
1. NYC in January -- possibly
2. Pittsburg in April
3. San Francisco in July

Also during the year, I have to fit in a research trip to Savannah and a return trip to Las Vegas (I had so much fun, this may become a yearly trip). I have also promised my brother than for his birthday, we would go somewhere interesting to see a Foo Fighters concert.

This year, I saw New York City twice, Washington D.C., Orlando, Dallas, Las Vegas, and Ft. Lauderdale. It looks like 2008 could be another fun year.

2 comments:

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Not high on your list of places to visit?

Jocelynn, make sure you hook up with me at the convention. If your attitude hasn't changed by that point, I'll show you the error of your ways.

Jocelynn Drake said...

I've been told of some good places to eat, but my favorite places in the U.S. tend to be warm and have quick access to a beach. However, I would be more than happy to be proven wrong with Pittsburg.