Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Cavorting through the Graveyard in 3-inch Heels

I mean, come on... what else would you wear while walking through a graveyard, but brand new black leather boots with three-inch heels?

So, there is obviously more to this author thing than just writing a book. Well, first you've gotta write a damn good book, and then there's the agent, and the editor, and then the blog. The website is coming down the pike in a few months, but the author photo was next in this interesting journey. Yeah, I had been dragging my feet about on that one, in the insane hope that I could shed a few pounds before it. Of course, it's kind of hard to shed weight while sitting behind a computer and/or eating ice cream.

So, after hiring a fabulous photographer, we actually had the photo shoot today at this amazing cemetary in Cincinnati, Ohio called Spring Grove. The place is absolutely beautiful with its amazing mausoleums and enormous trees, ponds, statues, and fountains. It's actually a very popular place for people to have outdoor wedding pictures taken. I was hoping to do something a little different with my picture, trying to keep that same tone and theme that you see running through Urban Fantasy book covers. Keep your fingers crossed that my editor goes for it.

As soon as I get something back from the photographer, I will post one or two of the pics on my blog. I will say, it was a very strange experience. I do some photography as a hobby, and it was a little weird being on the other side of the camera for such an extended period of time.

3 comments:

Rachel Vincent said...

Can't wait to see them!

Erica Orloff said...

LOL!
I once took graveyard pictures. They came out kind of cool. Now I have my significant other (a photographer) take my headshots. I'm more relaxed, and I get to go through them right away and delete the ones that make me gag.

Jocelynn Drake said...

I was lucky and got to see the rough pictures today. I was seriously impressed. There are a lot of shots that you would never guess were taken in a graveyard. He did have a few that I hope never get out (where I'm laughing or just being stupid).