Sunday, December 16, 2012

Heartsore Holidays

After the sickening events leading into this weekend and other recent events that have come before and after, I find myself not wanting to comment online about anything.  I feel like commenting only adds to the noise.  We're all expressing grief and horror.  Many are pointing fingers, blaming the system, blaming gun control or the lack thereof, blaming ...  The pain and the fear and the grief are just leading good people toward hate.

I don't know about you, but I need to step away from the noise and the shouting and the finger pointing and the hard, cold lectures about how things need to change.  Yes, things need to change.  But for me, it's time we take a good look inside what is in all of us rather than glaring outward.

Sadly, we only have one time of year where we celebrate things like good will toward our fellow human beings.  Where we endeavor to spread cheer and help others who are struggling.  Where we celebrate the idea of family and friends.  It's a shame that it's not all year round when we take the time to appreciate all that we have.  But it is what it is.

For me, I'm stepping away from the Internet for the rest of 2012.  I think I've had enough.  I plan to huddle in with my husband, puppy, and kitty cat.  We're going to talk, laugh, and be happy we're together.  I'm a little homesick and very heartsore this holiday season, and I don't think I'm going to find what I need outside the loving environment of my family and my small circle of friends.

I'll be back in 2013.  I'll have new books.  New ideas.  New fun things to show.  In the meantime, here's something beautiful to enjoy.



May the rest of 2012 be bright and full of love and good cheer.

Happy Holidays!
Happy New Year!

With love,
The Drake household.