Friday, September 14, 2012

Mark Your Calendar

I've got a lot of cool things for you today.  It's gonna be a great Friday! An interview, a new short short story, publication news, and even tour dates. So, let's not waste any time and get to it!

Interview
In an effort to help spread the word about my new Asylum Tales series and the upcoming release of Angel's Ink as well as the recent releases of the two novellas, Urban Fantasy Land has  posted an interview I participated in.  I talk about the new series, writing, and all the usual good stuff.  To read the interview, just click here.

School's In short story
Literary Escapism is running a series through the month of September to celebrate the start of another school year.  The book site has gathered together a large group of writers and gotten them to torture their characters into telling stories about their time school.  With a little work, I got my new main character Gage to talk about grade school.  To read the short story and to enter the giveaway, just click here.

Got a book you're trying to publish?
Have you been working on a science-fiction or fantasy novel that you've been trying to get published but haven't found an agent or publisher yet?  Well, you're in luck.  For two weeks in October, HarperCollins will be accepted unagented COMPLETED manuscripts for consideration for publication.  This is an extremely rare opportunity that you don't want to pass up. For more details, click here.

Tour Dates!!!
To celebrate the upcoming release of Angel's Ink, I will be doing a mini-book tour.  This will be your chance to get a signed copy of my books, ask me questions, and get all the behind-the-scenes dirty details.  These are the details on the appearances as I currently have them.  I will post more details as information comes in.

New York Comic Con
Saturday, October 13
I will be on one panel with some awesome authors (squee!). I will probably be signing books on Saturday as well. At the very least, I'll being hanging out at the HarperCollins booth and I can sign stuff then.  Saturday is the ONLY day I will be at NYCC.


Joseph-Beth Booksellers
Saturday, October 20
1pm
Are you in Kentucky or live in the Cincinnati, Ohio area? Well, I'll be passing through and signing books.  Stop by Joseph-Beth Bookseller in Crestview Hills, Kentucky to pick up a signed book or two as well as get your burning questions answered!
2785 Dixie Hwy
Crestview Hills, KY
859-912-7860

Books & Co.
Saturday, November 3
1pm
Are you in Ohio or live in Northern Kentucky? I'll be passing through Dayton, Ohio on Saturday, November 3. It's another chance to get a book signed and ask me a question!
The Greene Shopping Center
4453 Walnut Street
Dayton, OH 45440
937-429-2169

And we are trying to plan something for Lansing, Michigan, but we're trying to line up an event time with a flight schedule at the moment.  I'll give an update when I hear more.  Also for the Madison, Wisconsin readers, I don't currently have an event lined up for the release, but I promise to go sign some books the day Angel's Ink is released and I'll give an announcement when it happens.

3 comments:

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Hey Jocelynn, I was just wondering if you ever announced the winners to your contest at the Supernatural Underground? I thought winners were usually posted on the post, but I didn't see anything.

Did you email them by chance? That answers my question if you did.

I was just wondering is all! :)

Have a GREAT day!

Jocelynn Drake said...

Yes, the winners were announced with the information placed in the original blog post.

http://www.supernaturalunderground.blogspot.com/2012/09/e-book-giveaway-troll-vs-elf.html

Thanks!
Jocelynn

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Yeah, saw that a few hours after I typed this comment! Sorry about that! :P