Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Some Quiet Time

Just a heads up: SSSHHHHHHH!
No, I'm just kidding.  After last week's all-promo extravaganza, I think I'm going to take it easy on all the social media chatter this week. 

In case you missed it, the first story for my new series The Asylum Tales hit e-readers last Tuesday.  If you haven't read picked it up yet, go purchase The Asylum Interviews: Bronx for your e-reader.  It's only $1.99.  If you like warlocks, tattoos, trolls, incubi, bar fights, Vestal Virgins, minotaurs, sex, love, and/or rock-and-roll, then you should check out this story.  If you don't like any of those things listed above, then I really can't help you and I'm not sure why you're following me in the first place.

If you did give my novella a try, a big THANK YOU goes out to you! Thanks for trying my new series!  It's definitely different from my first series and it's only going to get crazier from that novella forward.

As for this week, Monday was the husband's birthday.  We celebrated with chocolate cake, pizza, games with my family, and his favorite TV program.  It was a quiet night, but a very good one spent with the people we love.

For the rest of the week, I'm keeping my head down.  I'm working on the revisions to the second book in the Asylum Tales series.  The plot is solid and the character development is good.  I just need to slow down some of the pacing and increase some of the stakes -- increase the danger, increase the pain.  (Poor Gage).

At the same time, it looks like all the cool kids have flown out to San Diego for Comic Con and it's KILLING me to be stuck at home.  As a result, I won't be online much this week.  Every time I see an awesome update for Comic Con, it's like I've been kicked in the gut.

I'm hiding in my office for the rest of the week.  Try not to trash the place while I'm away and if someone calls the cops, you guys are so on your own!  

1 comment: