Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Want to Help Promote Asylum?

When I handed in my draft of the second book to the Asylum Tales, I was ahead of the game.  My schedule was clear for the next several months with the exception of pulling together some promotion for the release of the novellas and the novel later this year. 

Now, less than a month later, I look around and find that somehow I'm managed to get behind.  I really don't know how it happened.  Well, maybe I do.  I started agreeing to things, expecting to take care of them quickly only to not have that happen.  Also, website redesign kind of exploded all over me, sucking up more than two full days I had been planning to use for writing. (But I think we're launching it this weekend! YAY!)

The result?  It's time to haul ass, put in some long hours, and get this stuff done.

First, the promo.  I have started pulling together some appearances to promote the new series that launches this summer, but I am looking to expand my reach at bit more.  Are you interested in having me appear on your blog to talk about the new Asylum Tales series?  I would be willing to provide either a guest blog or answer interview questions.  At the moment, I am booked July 2-7, August 3, and October 16. The rest of my schedule is open.

Here is what is coming out:

THE ASYLUM INTERVIEWS: BRONX
The first of two prequel novellas that introduce readers to the new world of Low Town in the Asylum Tales. It's not easy being a tattoo artist and a warlock, especially when you're in hiding. Or when a botched ink job has amplified an incubus's existing sex appeal into one that could wreck the whole town. And your only help is a troll.  The story will be released as an e-book on July 3.

THE ASYLUM INTERVIEWS: TRIXIE
The second of two prequel novellas that introduce readers to the new world of Low Town in the Asylum Tales.  Gage's ex-girlfriend is back in town and needs help escaping a master vampire.  While not the easiest of tasks, he certainly didn't count of getting help from a mysterious woman with a few secrets of her own.  The story will be released as an e-book on September 4.

ANGEL'S INK
The first book in the Asylum Tales

 
BUYER BEWARE...
Looking for a tattoo -- and maybe a little something extra: a burst of good luck, a dollop of love, or even a hex on an ex?  Head to the quiet and mysterious Gage, the best skin artist in town.  Using his unique potions -- a blend of extraordinary ingredients and special inks -- to etch the right symbol, he can fulfill any heart's desire.  But in a place like Low Town, where elves, faeries, trolls, werewolves, and vampires happily walk among humanity, everything has a price.

No one knows that better than Gage.  Turning his back on his own kind, he left the magical Ivory Towers where cruel witches and warlocks rule, a decision that cost him his right to practice magic.  If he disobeys, his punishment -- execution -- will be swift.
 
Though he's tried to fly under the radar, Gage can't hide from powerful warlocks who want him dead -- or the secrets of his own past.  But with the help of his friends, Trixie, a gorgeous elf who hides her true identity, and a hulking troll named Bronx, Gage just might make it through this enchanted world alive.

The story will be released as a trade paperback and e-book on October 16.

A new Halloween-themed Anthology
I recently agreed to be a part of a new Halloween anthology featuring two other authors.  We don't have title for the anthology yet or a final release date.  My story will be set within the Asylum Tales world.  I am still writing this one and hope to have it done by the end of the week.  The anthology will be released as an e-book in October.

Also, don't forget that both BOUND TO ME and  THE DEAD, THE DAMNED, AND THE FORGOTTEN were released earlier this year -- the last Dark Days series stories to be released.


Holy crap!  I've been busy.
So, do you have any burning questions for me or my new characters?  Want to chat one last time about Mira?  Learn what it was like to start a new series?  If you want to help me spread the word for the new series or even the Dark Days series, please email me at Jocelynn DOT drake AT gmail DOT com .

Once I get the last short story I'm working on finished, I will be contacting several more bloggers to line up promotion to support TRIXIE.  I can't wait for you to meet the gang at Asylum.  They are an interesting group that have some mad skills when it comes to finding trouble.

No comments: