Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Oodles of News

The week is half over and I haven't been as productive as I would have liked, but hey! I just finished a book.  The brain needs a little down time before I start being insanely productive again.  I've been writing, but it's been mostly playing that could turn into something later.  We'll see.

I did, however, clean off my white board of all my Book 2 notes on Tuesday and I've slowly started making notes on what I would like to do next (in the hopes that my publisher is interested in a "next").  I've got several balls sort of sitting on the table next to me.  I am waiting for a couple of green lights before I start trying to juggle anything.  I hate to find myself juggling only to be forced to put it down later or risk dropping it altogether.

In the meantime, I do have a couple small announcements.  A few months ago, I participated in an 30-minute interview with the lovely Vicki Pettersson (of the Zodiac and Celestial Blues series) and the talented Kim Harrison (of the Hollows series).  We talked about ending our old series, starting a new series, and general urban fantasy goodness.  If you would like to listen to this awesome interview we did for XM Sirius Book Channel, please click this link.

 Elsewhere, I am happy to report that my new novellas are now available for pre-order.  Whoo-hoo!  Yes, we are one step closer to diving deep into the world of the Asylum Tales.  Since it's a crazy place, I thought it best to ease you in slowly and introduce you to some of the main characters.  The first novella being released is The Asylum Interviews: Bronx.

The Asylum Interviews: Bronx

The novella takes place about four years before the events of the first novel, Angel's Ink and is the story of how my main character Gage met and hired his first employee, Bronx.  With Gage involved, it will come as no surprise that it was a strange meeting as the troll Bronx quickly gets sucked into Gage's insane life when he was only trying to help the poor guy.

In Low Town, where humans walk and work side-by-side with elves, vampires, ogres, and all manner of creature, it's understandable that people occasionally need a little help in their lives.  Whether is love, work, or ... other, tattoo artists are there to try to help turn the odds into your favor.  When Gage's friend Parker needs help with his love life, tattoo artists Gage and Bronx are only too happy to help.  But the incubus ends up getting more than he bargained for with his new tattoo, and his friends are forced to scramble to fix the mess they've created before  someone gets hurt.

If you're interested in stepping into Low Town and Gage's world, I have the links listed for pre-order for your Nook and Kindle.

Amazon
Barnes & Noble

To my knowledge, the story will also contain a preview of Angel's Ink in case you haven't read the opening yet from Bound To Me.  I don't know yet if they are going to do a print-on-demand version.  As more links become available, I will post them here. Bronx will be released on July 3 -- less than 48 days!

The second novella, The Asylum Interviews: Trixie, will be out on September 4 and I will giving out more details when we get closer to the release!

No comments: