Friday, November 18, 2011

Where'd The Time Go?

Where did this week go?
I remember Monday, then there was this blur that had nothing to do with alcohol and then BOOM! It's Friday.  Well, that's just craptastic.  I was hoping to be a little more productive this week and it just didn't happen.  Don't get me wrong. I got stuff done, like cleaning the kitchen, the laundry is done (though not completely put away), and I finally got some of the Christmas decorations organized into plastic bins.  But writing?  Not as much as I wanted.

I am happy to report that I have seen the cover for the e-book of my first Dark Days series prequel novella.  "The Dead, The Damned And The Forgotten" was originally released in the Unbound anthology, but it is being re-released as a stand-alone e-book novella on January 11, 2012 and the cover is so awesome!  So, if you're missing Mira and haven't picked up a copy of Unbound, then you will get the chance to read a little more in January.

Also, do you like audiobooks?  Do you know someone who would like the Dark Days series, but doesn't read?  My publisher is hard at work on releasing the rest of the series on audiobook.  I have seen the last cover for the audiobooks.  I don't have any dates yet as to when they will be released, but I will report back as soon as I hear something.

What I know about audiobooks couldn't fill a thimble.  I'm strange.  I don't like listening to books and I've actually never listened to my own books -- I'm too self-conscious and I start criticizing every word I hear so it's best if I don't.  However, Nightwalker and Wait for Dusk are already available and they are working on the other four.  From what I've seen of the new covers, Hillary Huber is reading the new ones and she's read books for Lara Adrian and Larissa Ione. 

For those interested, I know that Audible is a popular site for audiobooks, so here is a link to the audiobooks that I have available. Audible. If you know of another site that legally provides audiobooks, please leave a comment and I'll put the info on my blog.

In addition, we've got other things in the works for 2012.  Here's a quick list:

Dark Days re-release of novella prequel: "The Dead, The Damned And The Forgotten" : Jan. 11
Dark Days release of novella prequel: "Bound To Me" : release date TBD 
Tattoo Artist release of novella prequel: "Bronx's Story" : release date TBD (spring 2012)
Tattoo Artist release of novella prequel: "Trixie's Story" : release date TBD (spring 2012)
Angel Wings: A Tattoo Artist Story (a novel): June 26

And then if we're lucky, we'll also have an audiobook or two.

2012 is going to be a busy year.  I better get back to work and finish one item on that list.

No comments: