Friday, July 1, 2011

Rogue Gadda

The party is drawing to a close after this fantastic week spent up to our eyeballs in urban fantasy, but I'm determined to see that we go out with a bang. It's been a nonstop Urban Fantasy Book Babe Extravaganza! I've had lots of fun with these amazing authors and I hope you've gotten new books to check out.We close the week with a look at Nicole Murphy's newest novel, Rogue Gadda. I have to admit that I've been in love with the titles of all the books this week, and Nicole's is no exception. Like many of you, I'm just now getting introduced to her work.

Rogue Gadda is the third book in the Dream of Asarlai trilogy. The first book in the series is Secret Ones, followed by Power Unbound.

Book Excerpt

FROM CHAPTER SEVEN

Charlotte kept a smile plastered to her face as she handed the potion she’d made to the new customer.

He took a sniff and then smiled. ‘Perfect. Your oils are remarkable. Do you squeeze them yourself?’

Charlotte felt a glow within. ‘Some I do at home, with an old wooden press. That makes the difference, I think.’

Amazingly, he shook his head. ‘No, the difference is you do it with love. What do I owe you?’

‘One hundred dollars.’.

He looked at her for a moment and she wondered if he hadn’t heard her. Then he reached into his pocket and pulled out ten perfectly crisp ten-dollar bills. He handed them over and smiled. ‘Thank you. I shall certainly return for more of your wonderful oils.’

He was almost out the door when she realised she didn’t know his name. ‘Wait.’ She jumped to her feet and rushed around the table. ‘I don’t know your name.’

He lifted a dark eyebrow. ‘Is that important?’

‘I like to know the names of all my clients. The widening family of my life is what inspires me when I’m making my oils.’

‘I would hate to disturb that.’ He held a hand out. ‘My name is Hampton Rourke.’

‘I’m Charlotte Haraldson.’ She grasped his hand and as she did, a shock of energy ran up her arm. She pulled her hand back quickly and looked up at him. He smiled at her as if he hadn’t noticed anything.

‘Pleased to meet you, Charlotte Haraldson, and thank you for the wonderful oils.’ Then he turned, pushed the door open and was gone.

Charlotte moved slowly back to her table and slumped down into a chair. Her mind was focussed on her reaction to that simple contact. The only people she had felt that with were her family: Patrick and her mother. But that notion led to the conclusion that the man she had just shaken hands with was gadda.

She pressed her hand to her thudding heart. A gadda, here, in her store. And for just a moment there, she had found him attractive. She shivered.



Would you like to read a longer excerpt? Click here to read more of Rogue Gadda!

Interested in buying Rogue Gadda?

Click here for Kindle at Amazon
Click here for Kobo
Click here for iBooks for Apple

Thanks for stopping by all week to check out some of this week's killer releases. I hope that I've expanded your reading list. Have a great weekend!

No comments: