Monday, April 11, 2011

Playing Catch Up

I accomplished nothing this weekend. A big fat zero. Sure, I cleaned the kitchen, and visited the parents, and bought a new vacuum cleaner, but I didn't get any writing done. I don't think I actually checked my email beyond just glancing at the subject lines on my phone. All weekend the sun was shining and the weather was warm. I didn't feel like spending massive amounts of time behind my computer. I guess I was just due for a little time off.

This morning is off to a better start. I've got my bills paid and in the mailbox. I've caught up on some emails and I'm now blogging after an extended silence. Today, I will be launching back into my Work In Progress (WiP) and it will feel good to visit with these characters. After writing six books and two novellas in the Dark Days world, it didn't think I could fall in love with another set of characters. I had poured so much of myself into Mira and Danaus. I pour everything I was into their world. I didn't think I had any room left in my heart for my new characters.

I was wrong. I love the new world that I am playing in. It's so big and strange, with fantastic things that are just waiting to walk through the door at every turn of the page. I love my new characters. They're broken and flawed, but they have a strong sense of self and loyalty to their friends. That's a concept that I'm working on in this book more: friends. Mira didn't have a lot of friends in the Dark Days series, which meant that she didn't have a lot of people that she could depend on for help and compassion. I'm hoping to give Gage and his friends a somewhat warmer place to live in, though it won't be without it own perils.

But I will be spilling more on the new books later this week. I'm waiting for the news to be officially released before I leak anymore news. So stay tuned to this blog for more news.

In the meantime, I blogged on the Supernatural Underground last week in case you missed it. Here's a link for those interested. It's just a little insight into my writing habits.

I will also be presenting a peek into the other half of my world when I officially launch my new blog on Forbes.com. Stay tuned for a link to that as well.

No comments: