Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Sample Chapters Done!

I’ve gotten really bad about this whole blogging thing recently. I’m lucky to get one post completed a week at the moment. Can I just blame NaNoWriMo? No, not really, because I’ve even fallen behind on that one. I am happy to report that I have completed the rough draft of the sample chapters that I was working on for the two different proposals that I am preparing. I’m planning to have both printed out today so that I can go over them with a fine-toothed comb and look for any of my usual grammar stupidity. I also have to clean up one chapter of one of the proposed books. It needs to be broken into two different chapters and I need to write in a natural break that doesn’t currently exist.

The only thing left after the sample chapters are approved by my agent is to write a synopsis for one of the books. I am sooooo dragging my feet on this part. I already wrote the synopsis for one project and it turned out fine. I know that I shouldn’t have any problems with the second one – I JUST HATE WRITING THEM.

Unfortunately, I am running out of time. The copyedits for BURN THE NIGHT: Book 6 of the Dark Days series are due later this week and they will take up my attention for the better part of a week. Urgh. It looks like they will be going out of town with me this weekend to the mountains.

But in the meantime, when I have a few moments to sit behind the computer and write, I will be working on my NaNoWriMo book even though it hasn’t been sold. I’ve already promised myself that I am going to finish this book even if it doesn’t sell because I like the story, characters, and world far too much to let it go. I doesn’t look like I’m going to hit my word count goal of 50,000 words by the end of the month, but I think I’m going to come closer than I did last year. The only thing that matters is that I gave it a serious try.

For the curious, here is my word count for my NaNoWriMo project, which is a new urban fantasy novel outside of the Dark Days series.


17240 / 115000 words. 15% done!

And here is the word count for the other project that I am currently playing with that is in a slightly different genre that I am not willing to talk about at the moment.


18334 / 115000 words. 16% done!


If and when things are settled with my publisher, I will then begin releasing news. I promise.

Also, feel free to pop by my Discussion Board (The Dark Room) to see my latest thoughts and hints regarding BURN THE NIGHT.

No comments: