Friday, April 30, 2010

Recap of Day 2 of RT Convention

Looking back at yesterday, I have to admit that I am surprised that I didn't attend any panels. Of course, there were only two sections of panels yesterday so I didn't have much of a chance. I worked on Book 6 throughout the day, getting done a measly 1,000+ words. However, it managed to get me back in the mindset of a certain character, which was very important.

There was a lot of sitting around and talking with friends. In addition, there was a little posing for pictures with readers and some early signing of books, which is always fun. The important event of the day Rachel Vincent and I going on a picture hunt! We walked around the conference, snapping a number of pictures. Here's some of what I got.

Here is a quick snapshot of the lovely Jeri Smith-Ready, Carrie Ryan, and Rachel Vincent (L-R).

We stopped by the RT Club Room, which is a place where a handful of vendors set up shop for the day. In addition, authors pop in and out at certain set times to chat and sign books. In here, we encountered the effervescent Richelle Mead and Jackie Kessler.


Also in the RT Club Room, we found the always entertaining Mark Henry. Rachel Vincent took the picture and ordered us to strike a pose. The picture turned out to be ... interesting. :)


Rachel and I continued on our trek through the lengthy hall of this hotel and conference center until we encountered the wonderful Devon Monk, Jenna Black, and Keri Arthur. Please note that in this picture Rachel is clearly holding a chocolate cupcake with a yellow Peep on top. She received this at a panel that Vicki Pettersson was also on. Apparently, Vicki refers to her fans as her peeps so they naturally brought cupcakes with Peeps for all the panelists. Unfortunately, through all out trekking, Rachel ended up wearing some of the chocolate on her blouse.

And here is a picture of me with the amazing Jenna Black.


And finally, here is a close-up picture of Rachel and me that was taken at the start of our journey.
I hope you've enjoyed this picture tour of the authors of RT. There are a lot of people that I am missing from the pictures, but I am hoping to grab them today at the Avon Mixer (which is giving away free signed books -- please come, I will be signing) or tomorrow at the giant book signing!

No comments: