Sunday, February 14, 2010

Snow Wars

There were no words written on Friday, which came as no surprise. After my dayjob, I went straight to the gym and then I had to get ready for a concert. I went to see a friend's band, Faceblind, play. They were freaking awesome as usual. By the time I got home, it was much too late to try to get any words down on paper.

On Saturday, I pushed out a solid 3,000 words. They were a slow and frustrating 3,000 words, but I hit my goal for the day, which was awesome. I didn't quite finish the chapter because in truth I don't know where the chapter ends. I'm tore between ending it exactly where I stopped and letting it run for a few more pages and then beginning a new scene and a new chapter together. I think what I'm going to do it write today and then go back and make my chapter division decision.

After I finished by words for the day, I was allowed to go out and play in the all the snow that we got during the past week. Earlier this year, my youngest brother started a challenge by making a very handsome snowdog. At the beginning of the week, my other brother made what I am calling a BMW Snow Dude.

Naturally, I had to answer. With a little help, we made a two-headed snowman with his pet snowpig. In addition we made a snow death angel.
Happily, my youngest brother just saw the pictures. He says that he is now headed out to create a snowdragon. If he beats me, I am glad to see that I still have lots of untouched snow. There may be another trip out into the snow for another creation.

But in the meantime, I've got 3,000 words calling my name for Book 6. It's back to work for me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Jocelynn!
I love your snow-creations.
Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Happy Valentine's Day!
Love & Best Wishes to you & yours,
Rob