Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Slow Going Again

The strong progress that I was making has ground to a sluggish halt. Extreme tooth pain resulted in me falling about 800 words short of my goal on Monday. On Tuesday, I went to the dentist to discover that I needed a root canal. He completed half of it and I go back at the start of next week to finish it up. I have to admit that I could have written yesterday, but going to the dentist is a somewhat traumatic experience for me, so I decided to take the day off. It means that I'm going to have to spend the rest of the week making up for lost time, but that's okay.

Unfortunately, when I started working today, I had to finish the end of a chapter and now I'm stuck starting a new chapter that I just can't clearly see yet. I don't know how it begins. I need Danaus outside in the backyard of Mira's town house, but I can't think of a good reason for him to go out there alone. Ugh. I hate ending one chapter and starting a new chapter on the same day.

If you haven't guessed, I'm kind of in a grumpy mood today. There's still snow everywhere -- which I am sick of-- and I haven't been to the gym in three days. I have a trainer appointment today and I think the muscle burn will put me in a better mood. A few laps around the track will also help to get my brain unstuck on this chapter opening. Yes, I'm leaving for the gym now. That will put me in a better mood!

5 comments:

Brenda Hyde said...

A few years ago I had to go in for a root canal on Valentine's Day. SUCKED big time. My dentist did a great job, and saved it because it one of my only molars on that side. I am almost paranoid about going to the dentist-even just cleanings. I had bad experiences when I was younger and can't shake it. Shoot I need to rest up afterwards for a whole day, so you are doing much better than I would be:) Tooth pain is the worst!

Traci (aka the Bookbabe) said...

I would say Danaus can hear a noise and go to investigate, but you know Mira would be right behind him! Sigh. Hmmm... how do you get a man outside alone????

Good luck with that!

Newfiewife said...

How about Danaus needs to pee, and all the bathrooms are occupied..so, outside he must go! bwahahaha

I hope you are having a better day!

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say that you have become my favorite author. I loved how you constructed the Dark Days world and I am sorry that you had to go through a tooth ache. Anyway, I just wanted to thank you for introducing a great series to the world.

Unknown said...

Hi Jocelynn

We sick of snow here in Illinois too! And more is coming this weekend, probably for you too. When is Spring getting here?

Poor Danaus, with his heightened sense of awareness, and Mira's heightened sense of him, he's not going to be sneaking away easily. Maybe she'll be preoccupied with one of her new found family? A minor crisis of some kind that only Mira can handle?

Feel better!!