Friday, February 26, 2010

Jump Rope

There have been a lot of appointments, errands to be run, and just general chaos that has worn me to a frazzle. It all managed to culminate in last night training session in which I struggled badly to keep up with my trainer. (Yes, Gage, if you see this, a part of me does hate you, but then I guess that means you did your job) My trainers always push me and work me hard, but it felt as if I was struggling more than usual, which is not only frustrating, but it also wounds my ego. My goal is to keep up with everything that they throw at me no matter what. Occasionally, I run across an exercise that I just can’t do and it wounds me, but an entire session that just seems to be going wrong is unsettling.

However, I’ve got another training session today and I plan to attack it with as much energy as I can muster. I won’t give in. I won’t let them beat me.

I will also eat. I think part of my problem is that I’ve not been on my diet this week of eating 5-6 times per day. I’ve been lucky to sneak in 2-3 meals per day this week at best. I think that has been part of the reason that I’ve been struggling with my work outs.

So, since I’ve not been blogging, let’s do a quick look back at the week:

Monday: another dentist appointment which will result in at least four more dentist appointment before we’re completely done. Yeah, I’ve got some catching up to do because I have not been very diligent about going to the dentist. A little writing was done.

Tuesday: a training session with Chad and some writing was done.

Wednesday: I had a great lunch with Kim Harrison, Guy in the Leather Jacket, and our editor Diana. There was some joking, teasing, and just general good time. More time at the gum. And then that night, I attended her signing, where I met a number of fans of my books which was just amazing. Everyone was just so excited and amazing. I signed books, gave out book flats, handed out magnets, and just rambled about my books and writing. Thank you so much all my lovely visitors for making my night perfect. The evening closed with a quick dinner with my editor, who is just an amazing person. No writing was done – I needed sleep.

Thursday: a training session with Gage that kicked my butt. I was too frustrated and depressed to write.

Friday: I’m not entirely sure what the day is going to bring. I have a training session planned with Chad and I’m aiming to get a little writing done finally after my long break. This weekend I must see a movie as a break.

As for the title of today’s blog, I was listening to Blue October this morning as I worked and a very poignant song came across my iPod. It fits and it is helping to lift me out of my funk. It’s called “Jump Rope” Here are some of the lyrics:

“Now you're older and the weight is on your shoulder

Make the world a little colder

No more hidin in the old day

Be strong

Don't you give up hope

It will get hard

Life's like a jump rope

“Up down

Up down

Up down

Up down yeah

Cause it will get hard

Remember life's like a jump rope

“Up down

Up down

Up down

Up down yeah

It will get hard

Cause it will get hard

“There'll be a bump and there will be a bruise

There'll be alarms and there will be a snooze

There'll be a path that you will have to choose

There'll be a win and there will be a lose and

“You gotta hold your head up high and

Watch all the negative go by

Don't ever be ashamed to cry

You go ahead

Cause life's like a jump rope”

Keep trying, everyone!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the lyrics Jocelynn, it's been one of those weeks here too.

Congrats on the great signing!

Keep smiling!

Dottie :)

Brenda Hyde said...

Those are great lyrics and so true. I needed that reminder too. The last two weeks have been up discouraging for me, but I know it's just the end of the winter blahs. Spring WILL get here one day!

I was sick and had to miss Kim's signing here in Michigan. Ugh. I wanted to go so badly.