Saturday, October 24, 2009

I'm Back

I'm sorry I haven't been around much recently. It's been a busy week and I'm hoping that things finally slow down a bit this weekend. Last weekend, a friend and I took a quick trip down to Savannah to walk some of the streets that Danaus and Mira wandered down. It was sort of like coming home. We revisited some of my favorite old haunts and ate way too much food! It was a good trip and I'm looking forward to yet another visit.

But it wasn't all fun and games. While I was there, I did shoot a number of videos that I will be posting closer to the release of Pray for Dawn. Some of the places that I visited are in the book and I wanted to be able to show you a good visual of these haunts of Mira's.

Throughout the week, the dayjob came knocking again. I typically only work part-time from home. However, half my department was out for various reasons and I had to work full-time from the office, which cut back on my writing time.

To add to the fun, a family emergency came up that was kept me bouncing in and out of town. For the ultra curious, in August, my father had open heart surgery to correct a genetic defect. This kept me out of town and out of contact for a good chunk of the end of summer. This week, my mother had heart surgery to correct a genetic defect. Both parents are doing great and we're hoping to all return home by the end of the weekend, where I am sure copyedits for Pray for Dawn will be waiting for me.

In the meantime, the contests will continue for a few more weeks so stay tuned. Today is the last day to enter to win a signed copy of Mark Del Franco's book, so scroll down and leave a comment in Monday's entry. If I owe you a book, an interview, or an email, please be patient. I will be getting all those things done again next week when I am home again.

And just to lighten your weekend, here is something I haven't done in a while: a Muppet video!



Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

AAD said...

I'm so glad you posted a link so that I can pre-order the next two books.

I finished Dawnbreaker last week. I loved it so much I wanted to immediately pre-order the next two books but I didn't know their names.

Unknown said...

Hi Jocelynn!

I love ending a long stressful week with the Muppets!!! Thanks!

Dottie :)
*still laughing*

Unknown said...

Jocelynn,

I am so sorry to hear about the surgery. I wish your parents a speedy recovery. Hope you are doing okay.

Shalaena

Heather C said...

Love the Muppet Show!!! Thanks for the clip. I hope your parents are feeling better.