Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Revisions Continue

The rain here continues. It seems as if it has rained more days than not during the past couple of months and I'm getting a little sick of it. Sure, I don't go outside much since I spent most of my time locked to my laptop, but when I do stick my head out the door, I would like to see a ray of sunshine and a bit of blue sky. Am I asking too much? Am I whining? Probably so.

I am still working on my edits for Book 4 and I'm happy with how they are progressing. The storyteller and I are starting to see eye to eye on a few matters, which is making the progress a little easier. Each book I've written has had it own batch of troubles and I've managed to hurdle these problems in the end. However, I have to admit that I'm not always sure how I'm going to get it done until I'm actually at the end of the book. I put a lot of trust in my subconscious imagination. It's a lot smarter than I am.

I've reached the point where I'm wondering if I am running behind. I think that if I complete 4,000 words per day, I should be able to hit my deadline of July 6. So far, things are running smoothly, which is what has me concerned. Revisions aren't supposed to run smoothly. They are supposed to have me pulling my hair out and beating my head against the wall as I struggle to make the story do what I need it to do. I'm growing concerned.

In other news, I may have forgotten to mention that if you are a member of the Science Fiction Book Club, they will be releasing an omnibus version of Nightwalker and Dayhunter combined in July. If you would like both books combined in a single, lovely book, hop over their as soon as possible and get your copy.

2 comments:

Jess (The Cozy Reader) said...

Keep truckin' Jocelynn!

Any word on the 10 ARC reviewers from your publisher for book 3?

Was wondering about that.

Unknown said...

Hi Jocelynn!

It been raining here more than we've had sun all summer long. Beach is flooded out. So nice I have plenty to read!

Dottie :)