Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Need a Nap

It's a gray, rainy day outside and all I can think is that I would really, really like to take a nap. Just curl up under the covers, the overhead fan set on medium, and thunder rumbling outside of my window. I would drift away on a blanket of dark storm clouds and stop worrying about Mira and Danaus.

Yeah, but that just ain't gonna happen. I've got a pile of edits waiting for my attention. Things are progressing in the right direction. I've chopped out two chapters, which felt surprisingly good. I typically don't subtract from a book when I'm editing. I'm adding. But since I subtracted two chapters, that means I have even MORE room to add new stuff. Yay! I'm twisted, I know it.

I've already sent my editor the new first chapter and she's happy with it, so that means that I'm headed in the right direction. I've just got to stay on the path and all will be well. Except for Mira. Poor Mira. This is going to be a rough book for her. But then, aren't they all?

Anyway... don't forget that I'm still accepting submissions for Book 4 titles over on my discussion board. Add your two cents. Just think: your brilliant idea could end up on the cover of my next book!!!! Well, that and I'm giving stuff away. Even if my editor doesn't pick an idea from those submitted, I will choose a name at random and give stuff away.

No comments: