Saturday, May 2, 2009

Is It too Early to Go Back to Bed?

It's a rainy, gloomy Saturday. I rolled out of bed before 8 a.m. and I'm already wondering if I can crawl back in for a couple more hours. Not a very good start to the day. However, I've already had breakfast, started the laundry, and now I'm blogging. I guess I'm up for the day, though an afternoon nap sounds very enticing.

Today is editing day. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. Actually, I have to get the vast majority of Dawnbreaker edited this weekend in fear of my revision letter for book 4 showing up early next week. I'm one of those strange writers that doesn't like to work on two books at the exact same time. Events very easily become mixed up in my head and it ain't pretty. It makes Mira and Danaus very cranky.

I am happy to report that my giant box o' books arrived safely yesterday so that I now have something to giveaway. Don't forget that my contest ends tonight. If you haven't entered yet, scroll down to the contest blog entry and leave a comment. I still haven't decided how many I will be giving away. At least 2. I can say that much. I just start feeling guilty that everyone can't win so I know I'll probably be giving away more than 2. I'm weak.

Just so you don't think that I'm all work, I am aiming to go see the X-Men movie sometime this weekend. I've heard mixed reviews about it, but it's a cool, violent movie. What's not to love?!? I am also going to see a local band tonight, so my rewards for working hard all day are in place.

Finally, I recently completed an interview for a comic book blog called The Informant about my views on Batman. If you'd like to read my comment, please click here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Have fun this weekend Jocelynn and don't work too hard!

BTW, my son says Wolverine was awesome!