Sunday, April 26, 2009

Recovering from the Romantic Times Booklovers Convention

I’m starting this blog entry while on the plane ride home from Florida. I’m so exhausted that I can barely keep my eyes open and yet I can’t sleep. I’ve completed about a page and a half of a handwritten scene for a side project that will probably not see the light of day for a couple more years, but a little quality time with these characters every once in a while helps to clear my head. I’m supposed to be working on the plot outline for Book 5, but it’s just not flowing like I would prefer. It will eventually, but I think I just need my subconscious to stew on some of the plotlines for a little while. I know the main plot and at least one of the subplots. There’s also a life that is potentially hanging in the balance with this book and I can honestly say that I haven’t decided whether this character will live. I think the final decision will only come after I’ve made some more extensive notes about some of the upcoming books. The problem is that I have lots planned and many, many things that need to be addressed, but I don’t always know the order of how things are going to work out. I think it’s well passed time to finally get some more detailed thoughts down on paper and quit relying solely on my own shaky memory.

I’m sorry I wasn’t about to blog about the events of the Romantic Times (RT) Booklovers convention. I was relying on the Internet in my room so that I could post updates. Unfortunately, the Internet in my room decided not to work and I was left for several days without the ability to check my email, blog, or even twitter. Yeah, as you may have guessed, I suffered from some serious Internet withdraw and my dear friends will attest to the fact that I became somewhat testy and cranky at times. Come on, you can’t take away a girl’s Internet!

RT was another great conference. This was my fourth RT conference, I believe, and while I missed many good friends who were not present, a good time was still had. I once again roomed with the amazing Rachel Vincent, where we swapped writing horror tales and plans for the future.

I had a panel on Thursday that discussed what we had to do to keep a series going. My fellow panel members were Mario Acevedo, Jeaniene Frost, Ilone Andrews, Mark Henry, and Jaye Wells, while Richelle Mead moderated.

Okay. I’m now home again and finishing the blog entry from the comfort of my bed, which means that the rest of this entry should be short since I am exhausted and have to return to work tomorrow.

Also on Thursday, I completed a radio show with Authors on Air (I promise to post a link to it tomorrow) and then completed a massive signing at the Avon Dusk til Dark Mixer. And what was I signing, you ask. Why copies of Dayhunter, of course. Yes, about 100 signed copies of Dayhunter are floating around the globe as we speak. But don’t worry. The book will finally be released on Tuesday and you can get your very own copy. If you’re interested in getting a signed copy, send me an email and we should be able to arrange something.

There was much talking and carousing going on with many fabulous writers during the next couple of days, which concluded with another massive signing on Saturday – then I had copies of only Nightwalker.

Sorry this entry is so short, but I really need to catch some sleep and maybe even a little food.

Here’s a few other links to some stuff that came up while I was out of town.

I completed an interview with writer Mike Spradlin recently and he posted it to his blog. Click here to read my comments.

The ever-so-lovely Bitten By Books has not only reviewed Nightwalker, but Dayhunter as well. Click here to read their wonderful comments.

Also, Jackie over at Literary Escapism offers up her thoughts on Dayhunter. Click here to read her lovely comments.

I think that’s enough from me. I’ll have more to say tomorrow when I know that I will be coherent.

1 comment:

Candace said...

Dayhunter is out tomorrow! :D Just thought I'd remind you lol.