Saturday, March 21, 2009

Hard Decisions

A big thank you to everyone that submitted your name for an early copy of Dayhunter. I am truly honored and thrilled by your interest in the book.

I have to say that this was one of the hardest decisions I’ve ever had to make since becoming an author. I received close to 20 requests and I wish I could send out copies to everyone, but I only had a total of 4 to send out to reviewers.

After reviewing all the sites and weighing the information that I received, I made my decision early this morning and the books were shipped out. If you’re receiving an early copy of Dayhunter, you have already received an email from me. The book should be arriving within the next few days (I hope).

If you sent me a request and you didn’t get picked, don’t lose hope. I have emailed my publisher and asked if they have any more spare copies. Burn a candle, cross your fingers, make a sacrifice to the publishing gods, if necessary.

Even if I don’t get any more advanced copies, there is another option. I get a box of copies about a week before the release date. If they arrive before I leave for Florida in April, I would be happy to drop some in the mail for reviewers. I’ll be keeping everyone’s contact information and will check in again when the books arrive.

In addition, I will be holding contests , giving away swag, and generally celebrating ahead of the release. Before sure to check in on a regular basis for updates on the chaos I will be creating.
Also, if you’re interested, I am available for interviews, guest blogs, and contests for your own sites. Just drop me a line at:
jocelynnDOTdrakeATgmailDOTcom

Again, thanks to everyone who is interested in Dayhunter. I really appreciate your support and I’m looking forward to giving away more copies of the book.