Monday, March 9, 2009

Because I'm Just Not Feeling Original Tonight

So I've got a pile of work ahead of me tonight because I didn't get as much work done over the weekend as I wanted to. I'm not running behind ... yet. At least, I don't think I am. However, I am concerned that this book is going to run longer than I initially anticipated. That can be a good thing or a bad thing. Bad if it takes me too close to my deadline. Good if it gives me a chance to develop some of the characters more. Right now, it's a mixed bag and I want to make sure that I leave myself enough time to complete a solid revision of the rough draft after I'm done. I've already thought of one minor tweak I want to do to a scene that I recently completed.

This is just a quick reminder that tonight is your last chance to vote in my discussion board poll, which is on my Blogger account.

I do have some bad news. There will be no Advance Reader Copies (ARCs) of Dayhunter. My publisher has decided against them due to the strength of the Nightwalker release and the need to save money in the hard economic times. I totally understand with their decision. We're all cutting back in little ways. However, I will still be getting my regular copies and will try to hold a contest just prior to the release of Dayhunter.

And because I am now out of interesting things to say, I'm going to leave you with a cool link and a couple videos.

First, check out the latest Penny Arcade comic. These guys are brilliant, and I'm not just saying that because I'm wearing my Penny Arcade t-shirt. (It says: "Some people play tennis. I erode the human soul.")

Next, here is the latest Mario Acevedo Lego Vampire video promoting his latest book, Jailbait Zombie. I just love it. Seriously, how could you not love Lego Vampires?




And in case you missed it, here is the first Lego Vampire video. It's pretty freaking awesome as well.





Have a good night!

No comments: