Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Some Time Off and Another Reading

Book 3 hit the mail this evening and it is due to hit the desk of my editor by noon on Friday. (And if it doesn't there's going to be hell to pay, because express shipping costs a pretty penny, dang it!) I know the book is going to need massive changes and I'm already starting a list of things that I want to change. I think the tone of the book is off. There's some bigger things that need to be tweaked, but there's a number of subtle things that are swirling around in the back of my brain. I've got at least a week until I hear back from my editor, so I've got a week to think, and plot, and scheme. Mwahahahaha!

But it's time that I get to spend not writing, which is what I need. I've gotten a little fried recently and the break will let my brain cells catch their breath. Poor little brain cells.

However, it's not a total break. I need to plan out the next 3 books -- just rough sketches along with a writing schedule for my editor. We need to figure out how quickly we can get those books on the shelves.

Wait a minute. I thought I had some time off. It's starting to sound like I've got a lot of work to get done during the next week. Crap.

Oh, and before I forget... again. I'm doing another reading at Northern Kentucky University on Sunday, November 23, 2009 at 2 p.m. It's an Alumni Reading featuring Gary Walton, R.L. Barth, Leah Maines, Nathan Singer, and myself. It will be in the Eva G. Farris Reading Room, located on the second floor of Steele Library at NKU. If you're in the area, please stop by and check it out. I believe there will be a signing afterward. I haven't decided yet what I'm reading. Possibly vampires, but maybe not.

1 comment:

Anette J Kres said...

Hey Jocelynn,

Well I finished Nightwalker this last week, so I thought I share some props.

-This is a story that starts out full of suspense and grows on you. The further into the book I got, the more I liked it. It just built and built and built...

-I LOVED the ending. I won't go into specifics, because that would spoil it for anyone who hasn't yet read Nightwalker, but let me just say it was very satisfying.

Dayhunter is definately on my "to pick up" list. :-) Good job, Miss Drake!