Saturday, July 19, 2008

Summer Goodness

It’s my 200th post on blogger, so I feel as if I should say something intelligent and meaningful:

Yeah, well … that just wouldn’t be my style. I’m more of the by-the-seat-of-my-pants kind of person.

I started my “vacation break” a little early when Kim Harrison popped into town and met me for dinner. We went to this quaint little Italian restaurant called Pompilio’s. If you’ve ever seen the movie Rain Man, then you’ve seen this restaurant. It’s one of Cincinnati’s few claims to fame. After dinner (and getting trapped in lots and lots of traffic), we stopped down at Fountain Square where we caught some live music and talked some shop.

It was great to hang out with her and Guy for a while and just talk about books, deadlines, books we’re dying to write, and finding time to get away from the computer. I’ve promised to sneak down her direction sometime between deadlines.

In the meantime, I’ve finished my edits for Book 2, but I’m going to take one final look at the last chapter before sending it off. I think everything is tied up that needs to be tied up, but I just have to look again…

But since I’m mostly done, I have started to work on my list of things to enjoy this summer before the summer is over. I took one of my reader’s advice and grabbed a sno-cone tonight. It was strawberry daiquiri flavored and it was perfect. I have a cartoon I’m going to watch tonight while I paint my fingernails and then I am hoping to run out and grab a late showing of The Dark Knight.

My intelligent, meaningful advice: Enjoy the summer.

No comments: