Thursday, May 22, 2008

Making Plans

Sorry I wasn't around to blog yesterday. I got taken down by a nasty headache most of yesterday and into this morning. However I'm back and I've been exchanging emails with my editor recently. We've been discussing titles for books 2 and 3 as well as cover ideas for book 2. Yep, it's that time again to start making plans for the next book. It seems so amazing that I'm already working on publication plans for my second book when the first hasn't even hit the shelves yet.

I can't give anything away yet, but I hope to have some news about upcoming books after the release of Nightwalker. For now, I want all the attention to be on the first book. She's my pride and joy. She deserves to have the spotlight all by herself for a while.

I'm still chipping away at the novella -- though I prefer to call it a short story. What is it technically? It's a novella, but there seems to be more mental pressure for something called a novella. On the other hand, I've written short stories. Lots of them. There's no pressure to write another one. I'll start referring to it as a novella when it's done. I hope to finish it this weekend. It's a three-day weekend and all I'm planning is a dinner with the family. Lots of time to get some writing done. The rest of my plans for painting and planting can wait until after the story is done.

On one final note, I was flattered when I ran across a blog entry on The Reader's Advisor Online blog that listed my book as one of the Summer Fiction Blockbusters. I don't know if that will happen, but it is definitely flattering. Be sure to check it out so you can update your reading list for this summer!

2 comments:

Becky LeJeune said...

We can hope it will hit blockbuster status! I have my review copy but haven't gotten to it yet - it's already on my list of titles to buy for my sisters, the voracious Junior Junkies, though!

Jocelynn Drake said...

Thanks so much! I love to hear that! I hope you enjoy reading it.