Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Music Is Good for the Soul

As I'm working through the edits for Book 2, I've come upon a strange revelation (yes, beyond the fact that I use the phrase "for a moment" too much). I've made a distinct switch in my music listening habits from Nightwalker to Book 2. I just haven't figured out why yet.

Here is a quick list of some of the main albums I listened to when I was writing and editing Nightwalker (in no particular order):

1. Korn -- Issues
2. Marilyn Manson -- Holy Wood
3. Nine Inch Nails -- All That Could Have Been
4. Nine Inch Nails -- The Fragile
5. Tori Amos (all albums)

Now, a good chunk of Book 2 was written to these same albums. However, when I was working on the later half, the music shifted to a series of scores. I am also listening exclusively to scores as I edit.

1. Score to Constantine
2. Score to Queen of the Damned
3. Score to Underworld
4. Score to Sleepy Hollow
5. Score to Dracula

I haven't figured out the reason for the shift. The only thing that has significantly changed in my life from Book 1 to Book 2 (besides the book contract) is my living arrangment -- I've moved a few times.

Oh well. For fun, I have listed 10 songs that, for me, will always be linked to Mira, Danaus, and the Dark Days Series. Enjoy!

1. Rev 22:20 -- Puscifer
2. The Only Time -- Nine Inch Nails
3. I Remember -- Stabbing Westward
4. We're In This Together Now -- Nine Inch Nails
5. The Fragile -- Nine Inch Nails
6. Change (House of Flies) -- Deftones
7. Gabriel -- Lamb
8. Time Is Running Out -- The Muse
9. Wicked Game -- HIM
10. Paranoid -- Linkin' Park

No comments: