Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Giving Lessons to Scrooge

I'm sorry to say I just ain't feelin' it this year.

I've got a chunk of my Christmas shopping done, my tree is up, and the house is decorated. I've even watched a couple of the old Christmas shows, such as "Santa Claus is Coming to Town." But I'm just not in the holiday spirit.

The problem may be that I haven't been over to Krohn Conservatory yet. This December visit is a family tradition. The floral conservatory is hidden up in Eden Park in Cincinnati, Ohio and has a beautiful holiday exhibit every year. Outside, they also set up a manger with life-sized wax figures, cows, and sheep. Growing up, we would go over every year and my parents would buy each of us a new ornament for the tree. I will try to sneak over this weekend to see if that jump starts my holiday spirit. I'll also take some pictures for the blog. Krohn truly is one of my favorite spots in the city.

And if that doesn't work, I might just try this wonderful recipe posted by Vicki Pettersson. The woman is simply brilliant.

Update: The questions have been sent to my agent. However, she informed me that she is sick at the moment so there might be a delay in getting back to me. As soon as I hear anything, I will start posting her responses.

No comments: