Thursday, December 20, 2007

Christmas, Cute Cats, and Books I Need to Write

Christmas is just around the corner and I believe the New York is starting to shut down for the rest of the year. My lovely agent sent me an email today stating that the office is closed for rest of 2007. Lucky bum. Corporate America's got me working, but that's just how it is. But Jen has and my darling editor have earned the break. Jen fell in love with my book (so how could I not just adore her?) and very quickly landed me my first book contract this year. And my editor, well she helped to complete what I hope is a truly fantastic book. So, let them have a break, because 2008 is gonna be an amazing roller-coaster ride.

I popped over to Rachel Vincent's blog today to find that she has been posting pictures of her ultra-adorable new kitten. It helped to smooth over my jealousy -- she finished the rough draft of her new project. I've been struggling to make progress on my second book. I think I finally have a plan that will make for a great book. Of course, it means adding a book to the series I hadn't planned on, research for a location I wasn't planning to feature, and completely re-vamping the ending I had planned for the second book. But it will be worth it. The changes will give the series a better sense of balance and will allow me to spend more time fleshing out some of the subplots I have planned. I'm so excited!

Finally, since Rachel is posting cute cat pictures, I thought I would join in the fun. I just can't believe how big my girls have gotten. I got Harley and Demona when they were around four months old. They are now more than nine months old and still run around the house like holy terrors -- particularly at 2 a.m. on Mondays.

Also, for those who have not seen it, I have pasted below one of my all-time favorite Internet videos. I swear, this is every cat I have ever owned!



1 comment:

Rachel Vincent said...

Your kitties have gotten big! They're just a little older than my older cat, who's having an interesting time adjusting to the new kitten.