Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year!

Another year is drawing to a close and something amazing and frightening has happened. My little baby brother has turned 20 years old today. I'm stunned. I'm shocked. I'm proud. Because of the several years between us in age, I can remember the years of my childhood before he was born; I can remember holding him as a little baby, pushing him in the stroller, and all those potentially embarrassing moments that he probably wishes I wouldn't recall in a blog. But now he is 20... wow!

Of course, my next realization is "Crap! How'd I get so freaking old?"

So, Happy Birthday, little bro!

And Happy New Year, everyone!

What am I doing to celebrate? I'm crawling into bed early with a box of tissues and a bottle of juice. I'm got a cold that's kicking my butt. Sorry to miss out on ringing in the new year, but I'm confident that 2008 will still be waiting for me when I finally crawl out of bed again ... whenever that will be.

No comments: