Wednesday, November 7, 2007

On the Road Again

I'm getting the picture that I don't sit still much anymore, which is only exacerbating my growing restless....

I am now in Ft. Lauderdale -- No, this is a business trip. I have an amazing view of the ocean from my hotel room window, but I will not get to go down and dip my toes in it. It's beautiful and peaceful, but I am here on business. No playing allowed. And no pictures.

Unless I've lost count, I believe this is my seventh trip this year: 2 trips to NYC, 1 trip to Orlando, 1 trip to D.C., 1 to Dallas, 1 to Vegas -- I miss Vegas -- , and 1 trip to Ft. Lauderdale. And I have a long weekend coming up at the beginning of December and I haven't decided whether I will stay in town for it. This is all coming from a person who up until a couple years ago hadn't been out of town in more than 5 years.

On the plus side, I did get a little writing done while on the plane. I have a new project that I am playing with until I receive a new set of deadlines from my editor. I have more than half of the book outlined and I am currently working on chapter 3. I am thinking of using my vacation time as a chance to do some on-site research....

No comments: