Monday, November 12, 2007

I Need Some Sleep

There are days when you run across a song that just seems to perfectly fit your mood or your mindset. I hit one today as I was finishing up my writing on my new project.

Here are the lyrics that struck a chord with me.

"I need some sleep
It can’t go on like this
I tried counting sheep
But there’s one I always miss
Everyone says I’m gettin’ down too low
Everyone says you just gotta let it go
You just gotta let it go"


~I Need Some Sleep, by the Eels


Yeah, sometimes a good song can say the things you'd rather not think about, admit, face, or deal with. Maybe it's the fact that it's all put to music that it's suddenly easier to swallow. Or maybe it's late and I just need some sleep.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How about a Beatles song to take it's place:

"I'm so tired, I haven't slept a wink
I'm so tired, my mind is on the blink
I wonder should I get up and fix myself a drink
No,no,no."

Jocelynn Drake said...

Ahhh... That's a good one, too. But I think it was the mix of fatigue and the repeating refrain "You just gotta let it go" that stuck with me. That, my friend, is the story of my life.